Thursday, April 23, 2009

My History of Digital Scales

Ever since I was little I loved playing on my mom's bathroom scale. It used to show a different number for how much I weighed every time I used it. It wasn't until I was older that I begin to hate the scale for that very same reason. Some days it would show a good number, but others it would show I was extremely overweight. It drove me crazy. I always wondered why my mother kept it and never got a new one. She said that she gave up on buying new scales because they always broke rather quickly. So she kept that one out of spite of all the scales she was forced to buy. I let the matter go and soon decided to just not worry about what it said on the scale. Eventually I moved out, went to college and finally got married. Well then I had kids and suddenly my life as a young skinny teenager was gone. I had to start working even harder to keep my weight off. I got on a workout schedule but soon became discouraged because I never noticed any difference in my weight. I talked to a friend about this and she told me that a good motivator to keep working out was having a scale. I told her that I didn't believe in scales because they always broke when I was a kid. She told me to get a digital bathroom scale. Most of them had a 10 year warranty and they are always guaranteed to be accurate all the time. I didn't believe her. A digital scale seems phonier to me then an old school scale. But she said that digital scales are typically more advanced and better then the classic scale.

A typical new digital scale can usually weigh up to 300 pounds. The nice thing about digital scales is that some can be programmed to keep a catalog of previous weight which can help you keep track of the weight being lost. Through technological advances, they have grown to be rather accurate. These days, not only can a digital bathroom scale tell you your weight, but it can also tell you other valuable pieces of information about your body composition including: body fat percentage, body water composition, and muscle mass. It can do all of this merely by you inputting several pieces of information and standing on the scale. Like stated previously, you can keep a program of your weight loss and also keep all of this information on different user settings so that you only have to enter this information once. The old dial scales are a thing of past generations. 21st century scales are more accurate and more advanced in details. Not only that, but they also can be something that you don't need to hide in a bathroom closet, or underneath towels. Today's digital scales are sleek and as shiny as that new sports car that costs way too much. They will stand out in your bathroom and don't need to be moved when guests arrive. Step onto a new digital scale that tells you more than an arbitrary number; step onto you that will last you more than a few months, and more than a few years.



Autor: Rodney George Rodney George
Level: Basic PLUS
Rodney George has graduated with a B.S. degree from Brigham Young University and is always attempting to continue his education. He is currently owner/administrator of ... ...

Visit our site for more information on the Digital scales, and Bathroom Scales


Added: April 23, 2009
Source: http://ezinearticles.com/

0 Comments: