Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Digital Scales - Essential For Cooking and Baking

I love cooking and baking. However, I'm no Martha Stewart or America's Test Kitchen. I always like to try new things but no matter how detailed, the food never turns out that good. Especially when it comes to baked goods; I measure very carefully, but cookies, cakes, and pastries seem to come out wrong every time. I have never been one to watch the food network because we never had that channel. But one year it was suddenly offered in our cable package; I was ecstatic. It was then that I finally learned the many secrets to successful cooking and baking. However the one secret that really changed how my baked goods came out of the oven was using a digital kitchen scale.

I have heard about digital kitchen scales before but only thought that intense professional cooks used them for complicated foods. Well after watching many different cooking shows I realized that the cooking host used the scale for every kind of food, whether simple or complicated. On top of it they suggested that everyone have a kitchen scale in their kitchen because it makes baking less stressful and less complicated. I couldn't believe what I was learning, how could a gadget such as a digital scale make cooking or baking less complicated. Well, I wanted to make sure that the shows were really being truthful about a kitchen scale helping the baking process before I purchased one. So I did my research first.

Now the big thing that is often advertised about digital kitchen scales is the precision that the digital scale can offer in baking. Everyone that bakes knows that it is extremely important to be precise and to watch every detail. Now, when one normally bakes they can try to be as accurate as possible, but using basic measuring cups can make being accurate difficult. For example when you first measure a cup of flour, the mass of the cup of flour could be different from the second cup of flour, thus resulting in a slightly wrong measurement.

However, this problem can be easily mended with a digital kitchen scale. With a digital scale you don't have to worry about making sure each cup of flour is measured the same. Whether the flour is packed tight or shifted, with a digital scale all that hard work of measuring is made easier. All you have to do is make sure your digital scale is set to zero after the measuring cup is on it and then all you have to do is pour and measure. You will have perfect and exact results every time. I first thought that a digital scale was just a tool for a lazy person, but after trying one out I realized that it is for anyone who loves to cook or bake.

Along with baking, the digital kitchen scale can come in handy with cooking dinner too. You ever wonder what to do when a recipe calls for exactly 5 lbs of chicken and you are not sure how much that is? Well, with a digital scale problem solved. No more wondering or guessing.

If you are not so sure a digital kitchen scale would be something that would help you, just give it a try. Take my word, it is completely worth it.



Autor: Rodney George Rodney George
Level: Basic PLUS
Rodney George has graduated with a B.S. degree from Brigham Young University and is always attempting to continue his education. He is currently owner/administrator of ... ...

Visit our site for more information on the Digital scales, and Digital Kitchen Scales.


Added: April 22, 2009
Source: http://ezinearticles.com/

0 Comments: